OH. MY. GOODNESS. I was looking for an easy and yummy weeknight meal and I think I found a winner! The spice of the sausage flavors the whole dish while the quinoa is cooking, which means no extra dishes to wash or extra ingredients to buy! In case you have somehow missed the quinoa craze, quinoa is a healthy and protein-packed grain which cooks in 20 minutes or less. Created with only FOUR ingredients, this healthy, delish dish is perfect for the busy holiday season.
At only 7 points if you add the Fontina Cheese (or 6 without) this recipe is a KEEPER!
And, if you like to take leftovers to work, this meal packs, travels and reheats perfectly.
- 6 links Shady Brook Farms Lean Italian Turkey Sausage, Hot, skin removed
- 1 cup(s )uncooked quinoa
- 2 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1Tbspolive oil
- 1oz fontina cheese (optional)
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh colander until water runs clear.
- Heat EVOO in a deep skillet
- Add sausage and crumble as it browns
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, and quinoa to pot, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer (covered) for 20 minutes, until rings begin to form around quinoa.